2012 Highlights from the Underground New York Public Library
Here are ten highlights from almost one thousand photographs that have become part of the UNYPL in 2012. Each photo posted in the library is beloved. The Reading-Riders have thoroughly inspired me, in their presence and in their act of transcendence. Photographing and interacting with them in the past year has impacted me as a photographer and as a person.To them, Thank you!
Sharing the UNYPL has been so rewarding. It became part of everyday to hear from those who were inspired in one way or another by the people in the photographs. I love the idea that we inspire each other, that we experience others and we become greater for it. Thank you to everyone who has liked, shared, responded and written over the past year. You helped me build this library and I’m looking forward to taking it into 2013.
New posts will begin after Jan. 1st. A Happy and fulfilling New Year to everyone!
- “Ask the Dust,” by John Fante
- “Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good”, by Kevin Smith
- “The Price of Motherhood: Why the Most Important Job in the World Is Still the Least Valued,” by Ann Crittenden
- “Beowulf on the Beach: What to Love and What to Skip in Literature’s 50 Greatest Hits,” by Jack Murnighan
- “Othello” by William Shakespeare
- “To the Finland Station ,” by Edmund Wilson
- “Bared to You,” by Sylvia Day
- “Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl,” by Harriet Jacobs
- “Don’t Be Sad,” by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni
- “The Savage Detectives,” by Roberto Bolaño
From Obscure Giants of Acoustic Guitar, a deck of trading cards made by the inimitable Shana Cleveland for Tompkins Square. Shana also made the tour poster for the Calvin ...
theparisreview: Via The Believer, the extraordinary 1965 documentary Ladies and Gentlemen… Mr. Leonard Cohen by Donald Brittain and Don Owen, available to watch in full on ...
Believer subscriptions are not only ON SALE until midnight tonight, you also get a totally free Believer planner with your order! Enter the coupon code CHEER at checkout. ...